I was telling one of my clients about my notebook/binder I have to help me with organizing my freelancing business. She liked the idea and I am going to share it with you. I hope to share more besides this post about organization and even the notebook.
The binder I have allows me to get important information about all my projects, and what I am doing so I have it in one place. This can come in handy for many reasons, including:
- If you work from many places, you have everything you need to work, no matter where it is.
- It allows you to be able to go to one place to look about the different projects you have going on without having to worry about opening more programs on your computer or relying on your mind.
- It is a great way to use, no matter how many projects, clients or team members you may have.
- Many other reasons based on what you do and how you use the binder.
Things to consider for your binder:
- File folders with holes put in them.
- Note paper to use for notes, to do list, etc.
- Anything else you may need to keep you organized.
My binder is set up:
- File folders for each of my clients. I staple or paper clip notes I have printed off, instructions, etc I need to have handy about each project I have for each client. This will allow me to keep everything I may need for any of the projects dealing with the project in one spot. Each folder may have how often I invoice or bill the client, how I may bill them etc. I also include a piece of note paper so I can make any necessary notes dealing with a client. For example, I have a client who wants the articles I write to be increased as far as number of words and wants to revisit if we will stay there or not at the end of the month. This is a great way to make those notes. It is a way to also put deadlines in plain site.
- File folders for things like: Resources, Blog ideas, Business Craft ideas, blanks for future clients and projects.
- I also keep extra paper in the binder as well. This allows me the ability to add more to the different folders based on what I need to do, whether it is to track my time, mark where I stopped, etc.
- I have labels in the pocket so I keep using the file folders. This allows me to get rid of any clients info or projects that have ended for whatever reason. Why keep buying more folders, etc.
- Resource folder – This allows me to put articles I see that are helpful, maybe there are other things to help me with the work I do. Since I proofread and edit, I have shortcuts and editing articles there, which can come in handy.
- I have a sheet that has my to do list on it as well. This allows me to look at what I have going on in my folders and make my list so.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask them and I will be happy to answer them.