If you lead a team or agency you the notebook can be a great way to keep track of what is going on with your team members. You may one to have one notebook just for your team members and one notebook for all the projects you have going on, even if team members are doing it.
The Team Notebook:
- File folder for each team member
- The folder will include a copy of their rates, samples, contact information.
- The folder should also have a copy of the instructions and other information about the job. All these should either be paper clipped or stapled together.
- You may even want to include a copy of any and all invoices they send and write when you paid them.
The Project Notebook:
- This should include the instructions and job information in the folder.
- Include a list of all the team members working on this project.
- List the contact information of the client, how they want to be invoice, etc.
- Include copies of invoices requesting payments for the project.
Of course, with either of these, you can tweak it to make it work for you. The idea of them is to make sure you know what is going on, by whom and when it is due. You may choose to only use one idea, but as a Team Leader, using at least one of these options is going to help you keep organized, manage projects successful and feel like you can see what is going on at any point during the project. You don’t want to add extra to what you are doing, but you need to make sure you have everything at your fingertips.
Using the notebook idea can help you for the following reasons:
- If you will be working at a coffee shop, going to a meeting, etc you will have the basic information to keep working.
- You have a back up for when something ever happens to your computer.
- It is a great way to check something if you ever get a question and are in the middle of something else and don’t want to check your computer, etc.
I would love to hear about other ideas and suggestions you may have for using the notebook idea.