It has been awhile since I have been on here, but I have been busy trying to get my workload built up with freelancing jobs along with trying to help save the family money.
Here are some of the things I have been up to:
- Trying to keep up the home. You know how that goes, there is cleaning, dishes, laundry and all those other things that go along with it. I just spent about 30 – 45 minutes cleaning the walls that have been drawn on by the kids.
- As far as trying to save money I have done some of the following items:
- I have watched the adds for the items we use the most often. Then I try to stock up on them when I find a good deal. For example, Food Lion, a grocery chain here in the central east area has 2 dozen eggs for $1, 2 sandwich loaves for $1 and Angel Soft toilet paper for $4.99 for their Mega 9 pack and regular 12 and 24 pack. Who can pass those deals up, right?
- Visiting a local shop called Doug’s Stupid Store. This guy goes to auctions that sells items that grocery stores won’t take because the outside case is damaged, but the items are still good. He buys them and then resells them at a deal. The latest deals I have gotten has been 5 large scouring pads for $1 (not the small ones you get at the Dollar store). I also got dried chicken broth mix for $1.75. I bought 3 containers of flour for $1.75 each.
- Trying to be creative when it comes to meals and what I can make that is tasty, healthy and simple with what we have.
- I have signed up for Pintererst. I have found some ways to take what I have and make organizers and even meal ideas that are easy, cheap and delicious.
- Freelancing has gotten a little better. Here is what I have been up to with that:
- I have a writing job that I am working on that I am given a topic to write on and then I have to write a certain number of them with a word count for each one. Currently I am working on 75 articles about migraines with each article between 700 and 800 words. I never knew there were so many different kinds of migraines. I always thought a migraine was a migraine. This job is through oDesk
- I had an agency who asked me to join their team. They are a new start-up, so I am just waiting to see what is coming in that would be of interest to me along with using my skills and strengths. I did help the owner put a document together. I can also try to bring in business as well, whether I work on it or not. If I do that I get a small commission.
- I just started a new job where I am to be an editor, but he started me working on a few writing assignments. I am needing to finish up the last article I wrote and then he will get me to editing. I guess he really needs help editing. This job is through oDesk.
- I have one article I am waiting to show up on www.krazycouponlady.com. They are looking for contributors and I wrote an article about Jimmy John’s selling their day old bread. They are paying $25 if they do they editing and $50 if they use it as is. I have submitted others, but they haven’t been accepted, but I am not going to give up. I still have ideas I can share.
- I am looking at joining other freelancing companies as well, but taking it slowly in getting everything set up.
- Then whatever happens to come up.
So I have been quite busy as you can image. But at least I am not bored. I am so thankful I get to stay home with my children. It may be crazy and busy, but I love it.
Hope you all have a great day.