Working from home is quite rewarding. I am able to be home with my children, help my husband when he needs, support a schedule for my family that is best for my family, instead of crazy. I also am able to save money because I am not paying for child care and gas to get to and from work. I am just paying taxes on what I make along with helping to pay for bills and put food on the table.
Ways I make money from home by freelancing include:
- oDesk – This site allows me to find jobs that will fit my skill set. I can find jobs that work with my schedule along with a pay rate that is right for me, whether it is by the hour or a flat rate based on the job.
- InboxDollars – I receive emails that I read. I can also watch videos. I am paid for doing both. It may not be a lot, but doesn’t take long. Once I get to a certain amount I am able to cash out and receive a check.
- Mypoints.com – I receive emails that I read along with surveys I can try to qualify for. I receive points for doing this. I can then choose the reward I want to receive by trading in my points. The rewards vary based on the points and what your interest is.
Other freelancing options I am checking out:
- I have an agency that is looking into using me for writing and proofreading on a variety of projects. This would allow me to work around my families schedule while helping out financially. The amount I receive would vary based on the project.
- Contributor for the Krazy Coupon Lady blog. I have submitted my first article and hope to hear back from them about the article I sent. If that one is accepted I have a list of other articles I can write on and submit to them.
Being able to work from home provides flexibility that I wouldn’t get working at a normal job. I also want to be able to stay home with my children, if we can afford it financially. Being a freelancer allows me to do that.
Saving money is on everyone’s mind these days. Whether it is saving a penny or a dollar, it is about saving it a little at a time. Finding the right deals is always a great way to go about it.
I would like to share a few of mine with you:
- Loyalty Cards – Depending on the store these can save you a lot of money. Some may have it where coupons to take a certain amount of money off comes out and used with other deals can be quite helpful. Also, finding out the sale cycles can be quite helpful in using the loyalty cards.
- If you live somewhere that they grow chickens to be sold you might see if they have a store available for those in the area. They will sell chicken that is still good, but for one reason or another, they can’t sell the chicken to the clients. It may be the breading didn’t stick right, maybe it weighs too much or too little or maybe it didn’t get cut right or isn’t the right shape. You can get things for a better deal than your local grocery store.
- There are 2nd day bread stores that will sell bread for a lot cheaper than the regular stores. They bread may be just about to expire or have expired, but is still good. You can always freeze the bread as well.
- Check out the local sub sandwich stores to see if they sell their day old bread. For example, Jimmy John’s will sell their day old bread for 50 cents a loaf. It can be frozen for later use.
- Consignment shops are a great way to get good clothes at a great price. Sometime they may have end of the season sales, which make it an even better deal.
Regardless if you are a one or two income family, you want to save money. What other ideas do you have?
It has been just another day in my life. Today my oldest turns 4 years old. I am also trying to find ways to save money while also trying to help give money for the family.
To start out I have found out about a couples places where I can buy things to save money on things.
- Jimmy John’s Sandwich Shop sells their day old bread for 50 cents a loaf. Each day is different in how many they have to offer. So the earlier you get there the better. They can be cut and then frozen. They can be used for pizza’s, sandwiches or even French Toast Bake. If you are on http://www.pinterest.com you can follow me and find the recipe. I am either janellw07 or janellwilliams.
- Doug’s Stupid Store. That is the real name of the store. He buys the big packages that have been damaged and then sells them at a good deal.
Work is going well. I am keeping busy, which is good. I have also had an agency ask me to join their team. They look for the jobs for me and then I just do the work. This is answer to prayer because I can just focus on working and not making sure I have a good workload.
All of this on top of the normal day to day activities of the house.
Life seems to be a little crazy now, but that is o.k. It seems like no matter how hard I try, the house needs continual cleaning, the kids are fussier then usual and I have work to get done. But at least I have work to do.
The latest on the work front:
- The current job of writing on various topics is going well. I just need time to sit down and get the work done. There is plenty of it to do.
- I have had an agency want me to join their team. What this means is that they will look for the jobs for me and do what they can to get the best paying jobs. All I have to do is tell them if I am o.k. with the jobs as the interviews come up and then do the work. This isn’t bad. I am actually thankful for this. It will allow me to focus on just working and not worrying about getting the next job. They have gotten a couple of interviews. I have a test to take for one of the interviews today. If all goes well, I will have a new job and they will be happy to keep me in plenty of work, as much as I can handle.
Since we have become a mini van family all the work can be quite helpful. I have some money that will be ready for the van payment on Thursday, which will be good. I will have to say that I was able to get most of the van payment this time. It also has helped with Birthday gifts as we have had a birthday each month starting in January and this month will be the last of the birthday until August. Now we just have to figure out when to use the gift cards for our Wedding Anniversary. Cracker Barrel, here we come.
The two younger kids are not on the same nap schedule anymore, which means that the bit of time I had that they were both sleeping was a great time to get work done. Now I have to get them to be happy playing so that I can get work done. Hopefully we will all get the hang of this.